Introduction of improved measures to ensure environmentally sound choice and safe use of chemicals at SUE Vodokanal of St. Petersburgâ€ based on the REACH Regulation
Organisation: SUE Vodokanal of St. Petersburg
Time: 3/1/2010 – 3/1/2012
The measures to be adopted will include
1) Follow-up of the REACH Regulation;
2) Taking into account the information included in the REACH Regulation regarding chemical restrictions and potential prohibitions while choosing chemicals to be used at the company;
3) Termination of the use of restricted and banned chemicals as required by the REACH Regulation;
4) Requirement for the chemical suppliers of Vodokanal to provide Safety Data Sheets in compliance with the REACH regulation
5) Assembly and review of the existing Safety Data Sheets and their update
6) Taking measures to ensure chemicals’ safety handling in accordance with the Safety Data Sheets
7) Compiling Safety Instructions based on the Safety Data Sheets, communicating them with the staff and ensuring that the instructions are followed
Objective of the Commitment:
To protect the Baltic Sea from Hazardous substances and litter’ impacts by choosing environmentally sound chemicals to be used in the processes and laboratories of SUE â€œVodokanal of St.Petersburgâ€ and by ensuring safe handling of chemicals.
Permanent impact on the Baltic Sea.