Fazer is working systematically to reduce its environmental impact throughout its value chain
Fazer is committed to developing its production, operating methods and product selection in ways that support the ecological balance of the Baltic Sea and other waterways.
Commitment made in 2023
2023 – 2028
Fazer has actively participated in protecting the Baltic Sea since 2013. The company’s third commitment to the Baltic Sea strongly focuses on the promotion of sustainable food production, regenerative farming in particular. The commitment is implemented through measures and objectives that support regenerative farming.
Fazer’s Grain Vision and principles of sustainable grain farming:
- Fazer is developing the grain farming principles defined in its Grain Vision to correspond with the newest research data on regenerative farming.
- The principle of promoting biodiversity is highlighted even further on the basis of research data from the Carbon Action business platform.
- Fazer is developing digital authentication solutions suitable for regenerative farming together with its stakeholder groups.
Training regenerative farming:
- Fazer is developing regenerative farming training material and operating methods for its contract farmers.
- In Finland, the training utilises the e-academy for regenerative farming published in 2021.
- In Sweden, the training is based on an e-academy for regenerative farming which will be released in 2023.
- Fazer is training its personnel working with grain-based raw materials and products with a regenerative farming course for companies’ personnel and decision-makers which will be released in 2024.
Productisation of regenerative farming:
- Fazer is developing its product selection, using regenerative farming principles as the foundation.
- In its communications, Fazer will further highlight its work with regenerative farming to mitigate climate change and the eutrophication of the Baltic Sea and other waterways.
- Fazer communicates the activities of BSAG and the Carbon Action platform to consumers, farmers and other important stakeholder groups as part of its responsibility communications.
- Fazer is an active part of the Carbon Action platform and promotes regenerative farming in this manner.
Fazer has been heavily involved in protecting the Baltic Sea since 2013. We are a significant buyer of grain in the Baltic Sea region, so we have the possibility to impact the state of the waterways through our own actions as well as together with our partners.Joséphine Mickwitz, EVP, Head of Communications and Sustainability, Fazer Group