Improvement of the Baltic Sea water quality by increasing ecological awareness of the citizens of Klaipéda city and Klaipéda district
Organisation: JSC Klaipėdos vanduo
Time: 3/1/2010 – 3/1/2013
To create conditions and encourage the citizens to consciously become a part of the centralized domestic wastewater treatment system in order to decrease the quantity of contaminants that get into the Baltic Sea.
The commitment is including the following actions:
1)To create a database of potential users
2) To create conditions for neighbouring to Klaipėda city settlements to become a part of the Klaipėda city centralized domestic wastewater networks;
3) To ensure favourable conditions for citizens, who prefer to become a part of the centralized domestic wastewater networks;
4) To inform the target groups of citizens about possibilities of household connection to the network, its benefit and effect to the environment by the help of mass media and other means of information;
5) To enhance consolidation of communication with general health center to inform people about the Baltic Sea water quality;
6) To strengthen cooperation with environmental institutions in terms of information on household connection to the centralized domestic wastewater treatment system;
7) To submit offers to the state institutions for improvement of legal acts regarding household connection to the centralized domestic wastewater networks.
The present commitment shall have permanent effect. It is aimed at changing the attitude of the citizens towards the surrounding environment, lifestyle, it will affect the formation of the State Environmental Policy.